October 1, 2016

October Book Inspired Stash Challenge ~ Guest Designer Judy Willey

Good morning, it's time to reveal our 
October Book Inspired Challenge
and to meet our talented
 October Guest Designer

Up first is the challenge:
Your challenge is to...
Create a layout inspired by the BOOK COVER.. 
You are allowed to use anything from the cover that inspires you,
for instance, the colors, title, hat, mustache, masculine theme, etc.
AND...you must include TWINE, THREAD OR STRING on your page.
When posting your layout, you must include in your write up
what inspiration you pulled from the book cover, to be considered for the 
random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines
Entries are due: October 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Here is the prize you are playing for this month:
(PhotoPlay Bootiful Collection with Prima Bat, Creative Embellishments Ghost Wood Veneers, Queen & Co. Twine, Brads and Enamel dots)

Now it is time to meet our 
October Guest Designer
Judy Willey
Hi, 
"My name is Judy and I am so pleased to be here at Scrap Our Stash as guest designer for the month of October. I have been scrapping for more than 10 years and over that time I have tried lots of different techniques. However, I hope I have stuck to the idea that the purpose of scrapbooking is to document life’s moments both for myself and future generations (hopefully). I live in tropical north Queensland with my husband. We are so grateful that we are able to see our children and grandchildren often and they feature in much of my work. I love many forms of creative work and have a particular passion for sewing as well as scrapbooking so I do often combine the two.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with for this months challenges."


Check out the incredible layout Judy created inspired by this month's book cover...
"Where is the Green Sheep?"
Judy:
"I loved “The Investigation “ challenge. I used photos of my grandson dressed up for a book week event at his school. He had chosen to disguise himself as a green sheep from the Australian children’s classic "Where is the Green Sheep? " by Mem Fox. This fits with the investigation them so well! I used clocks, a key and mustaches to embellish the page as well as the many, many question marks and of course some string. It was such a great challenge. I am looking forward to seeing your takes on this super fun challenge."

We are looking forward to seeing how this month's book cover inspires each of you!
Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Judy on being our guest designer this month. Love your fantastic and fun design. WTG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome page and take in the challenge! Thanks so much Judy for Guest Designing for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page for this fun challenge! Now my entry is up <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This challenge was a bit tough for me but I think I figured it out. Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete