July 5, 2016

Introducing Returning Designer, Sherri DeKnight Caramico

Today we are excited to introduce you to our fourth talented Design Team member!
Welcome back returning designer
Sherri Caramico
We are honored to have Sherri back for a third term with Scrap Our Stash and looking
forward to beautiful creative layouts she will be sharing with us for the next six months, inspired by
our challenges!
"My name is Sherri Caramico, I live in Northern New Jersey. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 32 years, and am the mother of 2 adult sons, and 2 young Portuguese Water Dogs. All of them are my favorite subjects! We love to travel and Disney Cruising and Disney Parks are our favorite way to vacation. I love meeting people, and enjoy photographing our journeys. I started scrapping late in my children's lives, ( about 10 years ago,) and I know I will never get "caught up." I'm okay with that, as I like to scrap what I "feel like" scrapping, and love lots of layers, textures and "stuff" on my pages.

I work full time in the corporate world and Scrapbooking helps me to relax from a busy day, and get creative. It has helped me to meet so many people that I now call my true friends. I teach classes at my Local Scrapbook Store and I enjoy inspiring others to think outside the box and encourage them just try a new technique or product. I believe there is no right or wrong, no good or bad - everyone has their own personal "art" inside them."

SPECIAL MENTION: Selected for a Heart Healthy Video for Cheerios.com about my “Passion for Scrapbooking” you can view it on You Tube “Precious Memories – Sherri” and see some of my work. (If you click on CHEERIOS tag on my blog, you can find out how this came about) It was filmed at Scrap-a-Doodle Doo too! 
Here is the link to the video from 2010."

Below is the amazingly fun and colorful layout Sherri created, inspired by our 


"Here We Go"
Sherri: 
"What a FUN Challenge! There are so many directions you can take it - and who doesn't love circles!!
I used the COLORS, and the TITLE of the book cover for my inspiration.
I selected a photo of my hubby and me, in a "souped up" dune buggy, in Cozumel, Mexico. It even had padded bucket seats and air conditioning! We were on a Dune Buggy and Snorkeling excursion during our stop at the port of Cozumel, on our Panama Canal cruise, this past May, so I thought the photo tied in perfectly with the "Oh the places we'll go!" book Title, and even used a base paper that had the "Here we go!" title already on it!!

PATTERNED PAPERS: I LOVE mixing up patterned papers. As you can see, I used more than 5 patterned papers!! If you find this is a challenge, try using papers from the same manufacturer's collection. This makes it easier, as they have done all the coordinating for you!!

ROUND EMBELLISHMENTS: I used 2 green die cut cardstock circles that I have had in my stash forever! I filled them in with patterned paper. I also used a round GLOBE sticker and a brad from the
collection, and added some round sequins too!

I hope this inspires you to play along with us this month! Can't wait to see what you come up with!


Inspired by Sherri's layout? 
Complete a layout inspired by our challenge and link it up here by
July 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)
We would love to see how this month's "BOOK COVER" inspires you.
Click HERE for the challenge, details and rules.

Have a "scraptabulous" day and remember stop by tomorrow for the 
introduction of our next designer.

1 comment: