June 1, 2015

June Stash Challenge #27 ~ Guest Designer Michelle Whorwood

Thank you to everyone who entered last month’s challenges!  There was so much awesome inspiration!!  We hope you all join in with the June challenge!!  We start this month off with a fun Stash Challenge. 

June Stash Challenge
Your challenge is to create a layout and include an item from your stash for each letter in the word
B-R-A-D-S

Please remember to list what items you used for each letter when posting your entry.
Entries linked up without a list will not be eligible for the prize drawing. 

Here's June's prize:

Entries are due: june 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Click HERE for our challenge guidelines

Meet our 
June Guest Designer
Michelle Whorwood
Here's a little bit about  Michelle:
"I live in Albany on the North Shore of Auckland in New Zealand and I am currently blessed to be a SAHM to three amazing children, Liam aged 11, Taylor Grace aged 4 1/2 and Aimee Rose aged 3.  I am married to a fantastically supportive husband, Gary whom I have been with for almost half my life!!  I originally began scrapbooking when my eldest was about 2 years old so almost 9 years ago now when I did my first beginners class.  I can honestly say I was addicted from the minute I started - I just love being part of this industry — where I get to create a legacy of my family’s memories, indulge in creating with beautiful products as well as creating connections with like minded people from all over the world. 

I have been lucky to be on numerous design teams both in New Zealand and Internationally and I currently design for a challenge ning - Color Stories Inspiration and an Australian manufacturer - Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  When I am not scrapbooking I enjoy travelling, hanging out with my friends and family, drinking good coffee and spending time at our caravan at the beach.  

I am truly excited to be guest designing for Scrap Our Stash for June and I hope I can inspire you to take part in this month’s challenge.  Thank you so much for having me.”

You can visit Michelle’s blog here - 

Check out this beautiful layout Michelle created inspired by our June Stash Challenge:

here are some close ups:


Here is what  Michelle shares about her layout:

"I  just love taking part in challenges which use up my stash.  As like most scrapbookers - I do have a fair bit of that.  For this layout I was inspired by an Instagram photo of my daughter and her best friend at dancing together.  I love using lots of product on my layouts along with white space for balance - so I have included lots of layering and lots of words to portray my feelings about the photo I am scrapbooking and the girls cute bond at such a young age.  I was instantly drawn to using the colour Blue which was perfect for the word challenge.  I started off my layout with some pale blue mist and some hand drawn circles on some white cardstock and then I dug into my stash for some gorgeous products from Maggie Holmes, Dear Lizzy, Heidi Swapp and Freckled Fawn.  Finishing it off with some sequins to add some interest.

B - The colour blue
R - Round circles drawn on my layout
A - Arrows
D - doily/doodling
S - Stickers, sequins, stamping"

Thank you so much Michelle for agreeing to be our June Guest Designer and providing us with such wonderful inspiration!  We are thrilled and appreciate you being here!

Thank you for stopping by and make sure you return tomorrow for more
June Stash Challenge inspiration from a member of our Design Team. :) 




13 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Michelle for being the Guest Designer. Your page is wonderful! I love the sweet photo and how you played with the colors from it on your page! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Challenge! Love your layout Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found lots of fun inspiration from the task of matching my stash to a letter is the challenge word (brads). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time here. Lovely challenge with all that stash.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have make a new creation zo you can remove nr 22.
      This is my very first scrapbookpace, I hope you like it.
      Gr Elly

      Delete
  5. Fun challenge....thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very fun challenge! I have upload a photo in the number 7, but the link doesn't work, so I tried again, with number 37. Hope it will work now. Lovely layouts of the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally got to dig into my not-so-oft-used supplies. Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the challenge! You're really helping me think of ways to use my stash!
    I accidentally uploaded my page twice, though, and not sure how to delete the extra link. (help?!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge! Just linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another FUN challenge! I played along but didn't link up
    http://scrappydanie.blogspot.ca/2015/06/awesome-stick-it-down-scrap-our-stash-27.html

    ReplyDelete