November 13, 2012

Tear It by Haley

Tearing paper is so much fun and can yield such great effects! For my layout of our camping trip to the Asheville, NC, area, I tore my paper to simulate the mountains. With white core cardstock, if you tear the paper toward you, you will reveal the white core. Since I didn't want snowy mountains (or frothy waves, another great use of torn paper), I tore my paper away from me. To further highlight the mountains, I inked up the edges in the same Twilight ink as the cardstock. If you look closely, you can even see "mountains" behind some of my photos. If you'd like to see my layout up close and learn more, be sure to visit my blog at http://inkyscrapper.blogspot.com. I hope to see YOUR torn paper layout featured here this month too! SOS.Tearing.HDyer.01

7 comments:

  1. Great design, love the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect your torn paper gives on this layout! Super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome job at getting so many photos on the page! I love the tearing effect on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mountains!! Great use of tearing Haley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty layout. Your tearing gives this a 3-D effect. Way to rock it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely double layout and I like the way the paper is torn to give a mountain effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you tore the papers to represent the mountains...how clever!
    Great double page layout!

    ReplyDelete