February 12, 2012

February LEAP Challenge by Elizabeth





The shabby chic style is one I’ve seen and admired for a long time but never had the courage to try creating myself. I’ve had this beautiful sheet of design paper, maker unknown, in my stash for about two years and, as I am determined to buy no new items until I’ve used up a goodly amount of what I already have. After all, I bought all these beautiful papers because I loved them and couldn’t resist them ... they should be used. Because, I’m experimenting I thought I’d try the shabby chic treatment on an 8” card first, before I commit to a 12” layout. I covered the front of the pretty shaped card with the paper and then trimmed round it before sponging the edges with Tim Holtz Old Paper distress ink to give it an aged look. The toppers are in a vintage style too – the postcard stamp is one of the images, from Crafty Individuals, I water-coloured whilst in Wales on holiday this summer – and the beautiful lady is from a collage sheet from Made By Janet. I distressed the edges of the toppers with scissors before sponging with the distress ink too. All the embellishments came from stash too - the flowers and leaves, a mix of Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts, were smeared with clear gloss finish and dipped in iridescent glitter before arranging on the card. So, despite not being too sure I could make something in this style, I’m actually happy with the finished project. It’s pretty and feminine, which is what I was aiming for.


Thanks for looking,
Elizabeth
http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com/Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have somehing to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Good for you! This is incredible. You wouldn't know that this isn't in your normal style. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty - you did a wonderful job!!! Love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Elizabeth!! Shabby chic is definitely a style that you excel in!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a wonderful job with the shaby chic style! Maybe you should try it out a little more often now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and a great leap into a new style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card in that new style!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty page you've done here. I love the shabby chic style and the distressing ink work really shows up on the page. Love all your embellies too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this - it is so elegant looking... great job!

    ReplyDelete