October 24, 2010

October Challenge by Missy


Guest Design Team Member Missy submitted this layout for the October THAT Project Challenge.  She said, "When I read the challenge this month, I knew it would be a hard one for me. For the last three and a half years, I couldn't bring myself to scrap these pictures of my twins, born at 30 weeks. I haven't been able to scrap them, simply because they still make me so emotional. I felt so helpless, unable to do anything to help them get out of the NICU. And I felt guilty over not being able to carry them longer and guilty because I had to leave them to come home and care for my oldest son. It was a very emotional time for me. They stayed in the NICU for 22 days, mostly because they were too small to come home. (The hospital won't release them if they are under 5 lbs.) But you would never know looking at them today! This was a tough challenge, but I managed surprisingly well! Now maybe I can get some more of these pictures scrapped.


Now it's YOUR turn to take the THAT project Challenge.  See all the details in October Challenge - below.  And don't miss our Pagerize This Challenge going on right now.  See the Details below in Pagerize This ChallengePosted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. So glad this challenge helped give you the push you needed to scrap this lovely layout. You can feel the emotion jumping off the page. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful page, Missy - and those precious photos make you just want to reach out and touch the babies. I love those tiny hearts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad for the push you needed to do this page. I love how you did the title and the embelishments. This is an awesome page - in so many ways.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is great. I'm glad you were able to scrap these pictures now. The layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious little babes :) Good for you for taking the plunge and doing it. I hope you do more. Your layout is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine how that felt. I basically fell apart when they wanted to keep my son one night (because of jaundice). I'm glad you scrapbooked it though. It's a bittersweet memory, im sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page! Very brave doing this page! It will make the rest easier, now you know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the kind comments! You guys are going to make me cry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Missy... I'm so glad you shared this memory with us. I know it must have been difficult to scrap...but remember in later years, the twins will be happy to know your thoughts and feelings!! I love your layout and all the little details...flourishes, brackets, hearts & buttons (and the "twin" of most of them)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout, I like the colorful strips of patterned paper you chose. So glad you were able to use the challenge for these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh what a story. i can't even imagine what you were going through. but i'm glad that you summoned the courage to scrap these. this page will be cherished in many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking at this page reminds me of my son. he was in the NICU and in and out of the hospital in his early years. I know it was hard. I am glad though that you were able to scrap these photos of your twins. As hard as it is to see, photos like these remind me each day how lucky I am to have my son.

    ReplyDelete